Monday, May 12, 2008

Annuity Lead Solving Means Happy Wife Happy Life

Have you ever been in the situation where you hate to go home after a hard day of selling insurance? I have.

I know what will be waiting for me, an unhappy wife. It is not that she is naturally that way; it is that she is worried about money, bills and the kids eating regularly.

If you sell anything on commissions then you fully understand. It can be feast or famine. I decided a long time ago to solve this issue. I wanted to come home to a happy wife and to leave the insurance business at the door.

I decided if I had more prospects to talk to than I could see then I would always have someone to sell to. I purposely over flooded my prospecting list with excessive prospects.

I used direct mail, referrals and seminars to provide them all for me. I always had more than enough prospects to see and often I would not get to all of them. Seems like a waste you say?

Not really. If you have an enormous amount of people who you could see then the fear of the Monday morning appointment scheduling was a thing of the past.

It was actually very easy to do and it has resulted in a lifetime of comfort when it comes to prospecting. Here is how I did it.

I borrowed enough money from the bank to fund a large direct mail program setup for 12 months in advance. I would mail 5,000 to 10,000 pieces a month with an average rate of response of 3.5%. The amount would vary based on time of the year such as the holidays. Here is the catch: If I had leads left over I could not get to because of the volume of the response, I would throw them all away. I could do so because I had flesh leads arriving in the mail almost daily. If someone did not want to see me or was hard to see I just chucked it.

It was almost like a breath of fresh air and an enormous amount of freedom. At the end of the year I added up my results and readjusted for the following year. At the end of the first year I calculated I had over 600 annuity leads that I could never get or about 50 a month.

What did I do, reduce my mailings? No I increased them by 50%.

The freedom of unlimited annuity leads for me was a breathy of fresh air. I also learned that if I had enough leads I could come home each night and I was happier which of course made my wife happier. The following year and each year afterward I have estimated that I have left 1,000 annuity leads uncalled and while it may seem a compete waste of time I look at it as the very best money I have ever spent. I have eliminated my need for someone to talk to about my insurance products and at the same time kept my home life happy.

A good lesson is this, ?Happy Wife, Happy Life.?

Bill Broich is a 30 year annuity salesman who helps agents generate annuity leads. Visit his website to learn more - Annuity.com.

 

Labels: , , , ,